Sending large files from one app to other

Guest

Hi,
I have two asp.net applications on different networks.
One application has to call some operation/method on the other application
and pass two large files as parameters:
One file is huge xml file, the second file is big pdf file (dozens of MB).
How would you implement this?
If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?
Any idea or reference will be appreciated.

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hi,
I have two asp.net applications on different networks.
One application has to call some operation/method on the other application
and pass two large files as parameters:
One file is huge xml file, the second file is big pdf file (dozens of MB).
How would you implement this?
If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?
Any idea or reference will be appreciated.

Personally i'd FTP the files and then the method would take the paths to
the ftp'd files on the server

Michael Nemtsev

Hello יוני,

×™×’> I have two asp.net applications on different networks.
×™×’> One application has to call some operation/method on the other
×™×’> application
×™×’> and pass two large files as parameters:

Who is the receiver? The client or the server?

×™×’> One file is huge xml file, the second file is big pdf file (dozens
×™×’> of MB).
×™×’> How would you implement this?

Do u use any kind of DB? I'd suggested to look at DB to transfer data directly
between DBs.

×™×’> If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
×™×’> file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?

Look at MTOM, it's rather reliable way to transfer data
http://www.codeproject.com/soap/MTOMWebServices.asp

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche