    If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
    file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?
    Any idea or reference will be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?15nXldeg15kg15LXldec15PXkdeo15I=?=, Dec 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?15nXldeg15kg15LXldec15PXkdeo15I=?=

    OHM Guest

    Why not use ftp?

    OHM, Dec 3, 2006

  3. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 11:31:00 -0800, éåðé âåìãáøâ wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have two asp.net applications on different networks.
    > One application has to call some operation/method on the other application
    > and pass two large files as parameters:
    > One file is huge xml file, the second file is big pdf file (dozens of MB).
    > How would you implement this?
    > If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
    > file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?
    > Any idea or reference will be appreciated.

    Personally i'd FTP the files and then the method would take the paths to
    the ftp'd files on the server

    --
    Bits.Bytes
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com
    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Dec 3, 2006
  4. Hello יוני,

    ×™×’> I have two asp.net applications on different networks.
    ×™×’> One application has to call some operation/method on the other
    ×™×’> application
    ×™×’> and pass two large files as parameters:

    Who is the receiver? The client or the server?

    ×™×’> One file is huge xml file, the second file is big pdf file (dozens
    ×™×’> of MB).
    ×™×’> How would you implement this?

    Do u use any kind of DB? I'd suggested to look at DB to transfer data directly
    between DBs.

    ×™×’> If i will use Web Service, can i define method/operation with two
    ×™×’> file parameters? Is there reliable mechanism for sending huge files?

    Look at MTOM, it's rather reliable way to transfer data
    http://www.codeproject.com/soap/MTOMWebServices.asp

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
    Michael Nemtsev, Dec 3, 2006