    driving me nuts...

    Thanks in andvance and best regards.

    Carsten Marx

    carsten801, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Thomas Weidenfeller, Jun 12, 2006

  3. carsten801

    carsten801 Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
    > carsten801 wrote:
    > > are there any tutorials for sending a mail with Javamail (1.4 Release)?

    > Check your JavaMail installation directory. The docs subdirectory should
    > contain the design spec (in PostScript and pdf), which explains how the
    > components interact. The demo subdirectory contains 10+ example
    > applications.
    >
    > /Thomas
    > --
    > The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:
    > ftp://ftp.cs.uu.nl/pub/NEWS.ANSWERS/computer-lang/java/gui/faq
    > http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv/computer-lang.java.gui.faq/

    I've checked the installation directory. So i've written a method like
    this:

    <code>
    private void sendMail() {
    MainFrame.get().setCursor(Preferences.WAIT_CURSOR);
    String adr = address.getText();
    try {
    // create properties
    Properties props = System.getProperties();
    props.put("mail.smtps.auth", "true");
    props.put("mail.smtps.port", "25");
    props.put("mail.smtps.host", Preferences.MAIL_HOST);
    // create session
    Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(props);
    session.setDebug(true);
    // create content
    MimeMultipart content = new MimeMultipart("alternative");
    // Text Mail
    MimeBodyPart plain = new MimeBodyPart();
    plain.setContent(plainText, "text/plain");
    plain.setHeader("MIME-Version", "1.0");
    plain.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/plain;
    charset=\"iso-8859-1\"");
    content.addBodyPart(plain);
    // HTML Mail
    MimeBodyPart html = new MimeBodyPart();
    html.setContent(htmlText, "text/html");
    html.setHeader("MIME-Version", "1.0");
    html.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html;
    charset=\"iso-8859-1\"");
    content.addBodyPart(html);
    // create message
    MimeMessage msg = new MimeMessage(session);
    msg.setContent(content);
    msg.setHeader("MIME-Version", "1.0");
    msg.setHeader("Content-Type", content.getContentType());
    msg.setHeader("X-Mailer", "Java-Mailer");
    msg.setSentDate(new Date());
    // set sender and recipient
    msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(Preferences.MAIL_FROM,
    Preferences.MAIL_SENDER));
    msg.addRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO, new
    InternetAddress(adr));
    msg.setSubject(Texts.MAIL_SUBJECT);
    // save changes
    msg.saveChanges();
    // transport the message
    SMTPSSLTransport transport =
    (SMTPSSLTransport)session.getTransport("smtps");
    // get password
    String pwNew = DataManager.code(Preferences.MAIL_PASSWORD);
    // connect to server
    // send the message
    transport.connect(Preferences.MAIL_HOST, Preferences.MAIL_LOGIN,
    pwNew);
    transport.sendMessage(msg, msg.getAllRecipients());
    // close the connection
    transport.close();
    } catch (Exception e) {
    e.getStackTrace();
    ErrorManager.mailError(MainFrame.get());
    return;
    } finally {
    MainFrame.get().setCursor(Preferences.DEFAULT_CURSOR);
    dispose();
    }
    ErrorManager.mailSent(MainFrame.get());
    }
    </code>

    But this isn't working (Yes the port 25 is ok for ssl connection, with
    Mail.app this account is working).

    Here the debug stack trace:
    DEBUG: setDebug: JavaMail version 1.4ea
    DEBUG: getProvider() returning
    javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun
    Microsystems, Inc]
    DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
    DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "xxx-my.mail.host-xxx", port 25,
    isSSL true
    DEBUG SMTP: exception reading response: javax.net.ssl.SSLException:
    Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

    Bug? Or am i blind?

    Best regards

    Carsten

    carsten801, Jun 12, 2006
  4. "carsten801" <> wrote in

    > Here the debug stack trace:
    > DEBUG: setDebug: JavaMail version 1.4ea
    > DEBUG: getProvider() returning
    > javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTranspor
    > t,Sun Microsystems, Inc]
    > DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
    > DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "xxx-my.mail.host-xxx", port
    > 25, isSSL true
    > DEBUG SMTP: exception reading response: javax.net.ssl.SSLException:
    > Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

    Try using the SMTPS port (465) instead of the SMTP port (25).

    Cheers
    GRB

    Greg R. Broderick, Jun 13, 2006
  5. carsten801

    dfx

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    mail over SSL

    <my properties>
    props.setProperty("mail.transport.protocol", "smtps");
    props.put("mail.smtps.auth", "true");
    props.put("mail.smtps.port", "465");
    props.put("mail.smtps.host", this.strMailHost);

    <Strack Trace Error>

    DEBUG: setDebug: JavaMail version 1.4.1
    DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc]
    DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
    DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "exch.pdea.gov.ph", port 465, isSSL true
    Got Exception: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: exch.pdea.gov.ph, port: 465;
    nested exception is:
    java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

    dfx, Feb 3, 2009