    using VB.net.

    Best Regards,

    Thilaka
    Paul Wilson, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Paul Wilson

    Tim.Guo Guest

    why not try send mail?

    "Paul Wilson" <> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
    :...
    > Guys,
    >
    > I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
    > What i want to do is simple & as follows,
    >
    > 1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server

    side

    Tim.Guo, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Paul Wilson

    Patrice Guest

    What kind of message do you want to send ? Instant messaging, mail ?

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Paul Wilson

    Paul Wilson Guest

    Instant Messaging.

    (done in win 2000 & above using "NET SEND" in the comman prompt & WinPopUp
    in Win98)

    Paul Wilson, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Paul Wilson

    Paul Wilson Guest

    For this i need an SMTP server & all of that nonesense...
    I dont want it to be too complicated (as this application is for
    internal-office use only)
    (not a professional application for clients).

    Thanx a lot for the suggestion though.

    Paul Wilson, Jun 21, 2004
  6. please use:

    Process.Start("d:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", "/c net send <computername> " &
    "new info added" )

    you might have to replace path to cmd.exe and <computername> with computer
    name you wish message to be sent at.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD