sending messages from the server over the network to another machine

Paul Wilson

Guys,

I would like a notification module for my simple ASP application.
What i want to do is simple & as follows,

1). When the user adds some data into the system (VB.Net on the server side
of my ASP.Net application will handl this processing), then i want to send a
notification over the network to a particular computer (PC).

Basically what i need is to be able to send a message across the network
using VB.net.

Best Regards,

Thilaka

Paul Wilson

Instant Messaging.

(done in win 2000 & above using "NET SEND" in the comman prompt & WinPopUp
in Win98)

Paul Wilson

For this i need an SMTP server & all of that nonesense...
I dont want it to be too complicated (as this application is for
internal-office use only)
(not a professional application for clients).

Thanx a lot for the suggestion though.

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

please use:

Process.Start("d:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", "/c net send <computername> " &
"new info added" )

you might have to replace path to cmd.exe and <computername> with computer
name you wish message to be sent at.

Paul Wilson

excellent.
Just what i was looking for.

M. Zeeshan Mustafa said:
please use:

Process.Start("d:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", "/c net send <computername> " &
"new info added" )

you might have to replace path to cmd.exe and <computername> with computer
name you wish message to be sent at.

Paul Wilson

Thanx for the solution