    PS. I would not use a mailing list of Outlook Express or Outlook because it
    will show all the adresses in the address line while I would like an e-mail
    to look personal, just to one address and indicate a particular name in Dear
    aa, Dec 2, 2006

  2. aa

    Mike Brind Guest

    "aa" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >I used to write ASP code while ago, but now it is rusty.
    > If I have a customers database in Access, I guess I can write an ASP code
    > which would send out emails to the addresses and names from the database
    > from my home computer.
    > Is it viable? Is there a resource I can refresh this particular
    > technique?
    > PS. I would not use a mailing list of Outlook Express or Outlook because
    > it
    > will show all the adresses in the address line while I would like an
    > e-mail
    > to look personal, just to one address and indicate a particular name in
    > Dear

    Fetch the data into a recordset then loop through them, sending each one an
    email using CDO.

    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html

    Note: spam filters are more likely to reject emails sent from home
    computers. They don't seem to like stuff originating from 127.0.0.1. Can't
    think why....

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Dec 2, 2006

  3. aa

    aa Guest

    Thanks, Mike
    Regarding spam filters - I have a lot of occations when I talked to a
    customer, he/she gave me an email-address and asked to email information and
    yet it has been rejected by the filter though I sent it using Outlook.
    For some uncomprehensible reason ithe filters let a message in if the text
    is attached as a doc or better zip file

    aa, Dec 2, 2006