Sending Reminders.

Guest

I want to write an App to schedule tasks. I need some ideas on how to send
reminders to users about their tasks. I should work pretty much like an
scheduler. Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

HS

Brock Allen

Someone else asked essentially the same question 2 threads ago. Here's my
reply:

You can use the windows scheduler to do this from the operating system. Or
to do it programmatically, you could use a Timer:

// start now and fire every 60 seconds
Timer MyTimer = new Timer(new TimerCallback(Callback), null, 0, 1000 * 60);

static void Callback(object o)
{
// send emails
}

Note, you must keep the reference to the Timer alive, otherwise it gets GC'd
and won't fire anymore. So, make MyTimer a static variable.