    reminders to users about their tasks. I should work pretty much like an
    scheduler. Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

    HS

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVjc2FuMDc=?=, Mar 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aGVjc2FuMDc=?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    Someone else asked essentially the same question 2 threads ago. Here's my
    reply:

    You can use the windows scheduler to do this from the operating system. Or
    to do it programmatically, you could use a Timer:

    // start now and fire every 60 seconds
    Timer MyTimer = new Timer(new TimerCallback(Callback), null, 0, 1000 * 60);

    static void Callback(object o)
    {
    // send emails
    }

    Note, you must keep the reference to the Timer alive, otherwise it gets GC'd
    and won't fire anymore. So, make MyTimer a static variable.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 24, 2005