Sending XML files through HTTP Request/Response.

Discussion in 'Java' started by EJONES, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. EJONES

    EJONES Guest

    Hey all!

    I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, please
    redirect me if this is not.

    With that, here is a question ... from a novice really.

    We have a situation where we need to send an XML file from our server
    to another server..URL really (http:// abc.com/xyz.crspx). This URL
    expects this XML file, reads and sends us back a response (with success
    or error codes etc) which I need to write to a file and save. The XML
    file itself contains the authentication information which the remote
    server will use before it sends a response back.

    Is this something I should use HTTP Request/Response for. Can I do this
    in a batch mode where this program runs every 10 mts and picks up an
    XML file in a predetermined location and transmits it. Are there
    limitations to the size of the XML file.

    Any direction on how to proceed will be very helpful. Suggestions &
    resources are appreciated.

    Thanks much!
    EJONES
    EJONES, Aug 9, 2006

  2. EJONES

    Guest

    It is possible to use HTTP to send and receive XML files and I have
    seen this done. Depending on your implemention you may come across
    problems with large files but this is usually something you can
    configure in your application.

    EJONES wrote:
    > Hey all!
    >
    > I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, please
    > redirect me if this is not.
    >
    > With that, here is a question ... from a novice really.
    >
    > We have a situation where we need to send an XML file from our server
    > to another server..URL really (http:// abc.com/xyz.crspx). This URL
    > expects this XML file, reads and sends us back a response (with success
    > or error codes etc) which I need to write to a file and save. The XML
    > file itself contains the authentication information which the remote
    > server will use before it sends a response back.
    >
    > Is this something I should use HTTP Request/Response for. Can I do this
    > in a batch mode where this program runs every 10 mts and picks up an
    > XML file in a predetermined location and transmits it. Are there
    > limitations to the size of the XML file.
    >
    > Any direction on how to proceed will be very helpful. Suggestions &
    > resources are appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks much!
    > EJONES
    , Aug 9, 2006