sendmail finnishing

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by youtube@pizzapal.co.uk, Nov 1, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone.

    Happy halloween...

    My sendmail.asp sript is sending mail, hurray!

    Trouble is, I only get pieces of info, Arrgh!

    Emailed end:

    Subject: name
    Type: Text

    And question in the email tex box.

    The sendmail page code:

    your name:
    "name"
    your email:
    "email"
    enter your question
    "question"

    Sendmail.asp script:

    ..Subject = "name"
    ..TextBody = "question"

    Thank you to everyone for reading this post.

    Sabby

    , Nov 1, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > Happy halloween...

    Thank you, I had a nice All Saints Day as well.

    > My sendmail.asp sript is sending mail, hurray!

    Good for you.

    > Trouble is, I only get pieces of info, Arrgh!

    That's not good. What exactly are you getting? Can you post headers?

    > Emailed end:
    >
    > Subject: name
    > Type: Text
    >
    > And question in the email tex box.

    What is this?

    > The sendmail page code:
    >
    > your name:
    > "name"
    > your email:
    > "email"
    > enter your question
    > "question"

    That does not look like asp to me. Is that what the user sees in the
    browser?

    > Sendmail.asp script:
    >
    > .Subject = "name"
    > .TextBody = "question"

    Two things - if a variable is quoted, it is taken as literal, which
    means that every mail will always have the subject of name. If that is
    not what you want, then how are you getting the value of name?

    > Thank you to everyone for reading this post.

    We need to see some real code to find out what the problem is here.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 2, 2009