    --
    -- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
    --
    Thom Little, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Although the error message doesn't reflect the problem, the symptoms sound
    like permissions. When run from the localhost, the security permissions are
    being passed through but when run remotely, they aren't. If that's the case,
    finding out who the ASP.NET user is at the time and who it needs to be would
    be the next step.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Oct 13, 2004

  3. Thom Little

    Thom Little Guest

    Thanks.

    The problem was that the administrator for the server changed the property
    that set the IP address of the SMTP server. Unfortunately he does not know
    where it is set or how to reset it.

    When I specify
    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "111.222.333.444" ;

    Where 111.222.333.444 is the IP that worked before the change then it works
    properly.

    If you have any idea how to set the property back to its original value I
    will pass the information on to him so I can start using the default setting
    again.

    Thom Little, Oct 13, 2004