Senior Statistician Modeller/ SAS Modeler required in bellevue, WA

Discussion in 'Java' started by prachi, Jul 31, 2009.

  1. prachi

    prachi Guest

    Hi

    We have an urgent opening for Senior Statistician Modeler with our
    direct client in Bellevue, WA. This is a contract temporary position
    in Bellevue, WA.

    If you are interested, please send us your latest resume along with
    asking rate and your current location.

    Please send the resumes to

    Short Description:
    Our Global Analytics & Optimization team is looking for a Senior
    Statistician to help build the next generation of game changing
    features for our online travel marketplace.

    Complete Description:
    Our Global Analytics & Optimization team is looking for a Senior
    Statistician to help build the next generation of game changing
    features for our online travel marketplace. If you are an experienced
    technical modeler who is passionate about using advanced analytic
    techniques such as predictive modeling, data mining and optimization
    algorithms to change the way travel is planned and purchased on the
    web, then this is your opportunity to have a major impact at one of
    the worlds largest eCommerce companies. As a member of the Global
    Analytics & Optimization team you will utilize your technical skills
    and creative analytical approach to drive innovation across the
    Expedia platform. You will have the opportunity to partner directly
    with a diverse range of business managers and system developers, and
    the fruits of your labor will be cutting-edge features which impact
    millions of users every day.

    We are a great place to take your carrier to the next level. We will
    offer you a fun and fast-paced environment, intelligent co-workers,
    and the freedom to learn new things. The vast sets of data generated
    by our eCommerce platform provide an almost endless opportunity for a
    creative modeler to find new improvements to our business and
    websites. You will work on projects such as...
    • Forecasting – predicting customer demand and supply-side
    availability to drive a more efficient travel marketplace.
    • Pricing – optimizing prices based on market trends and available
    inventory.
    • Recommendation technology – ensure our valued customers receive the
    most relevant content/inventory which is available.
    • A|B testing technology – determining the best approach to features
    on one of the most viewed websites in the world.
    • Marketing Analytics – Perform customer segmentation and clustering
    to improve our understanding of customer needs

    Responsibilities:

    Propose and lead innovative mathematical approaches to solving complex
    business problems, utilizing available research at your disposal.
    • Perform analyses, statistical design, statistical coding, and model
    validation in support of business requirements.
    • Generate statistical code that executes in an autonomous production
    environment and fully considers error handling, exception conditions,
    etc.
    • Perform unit testing and model validation of statistical routines.
    • Collaborate extensively with stakeholders, program management, and
    software development team members to ensure that solutions meet
    business needs, permit valid inferences, and have functional
    implementability.
    • Document the technical details of your work to improve collaboration
    with other team members.
    • Guide and mentor other modelers in best practices regarding
    methodology (prototype formulation and testing, data mining and
    analysis), as well as implementation (proper documentation, source
    control, and coding practices).
    • Assess the methodological and functional pros and cons of
    implementing third-party products versus building an in-house system
    when facing a business problem.

    Qualifications:

    We're looking for someone passionate and entrepreneurial, someone with
    high energy and creativity and an openness to new ideas/approaches.
    • Comprehensive understanding of quantitative methods and extreme
    attention to detail.
    • Strong proficiency in SAS and demonstrated ability to produce both
    ad hoc analyses and production-grade analytic jobs that execute
    autonomously.
    • Strong proficiency in MSSQL.
    • Functional Proficiency in DB2.
    • Applied experience in several of the following areas: predictive
    modeling (including ARIMA and regression techniques), neural nets and
    self-learning models (including classification of skewed data), linear
    and non-linear optimization, etc.
    • Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives and
    prioritize work items appropriately

    Work Experience and Education Guidelines:

    • Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in quantitative discipline such as
    statistics, economics, applied mathematics, quantitative methods,
    operations research, research methodology, etc.
    • 5-7 years’ experience in a modeling or analyst role.
    • Previous experience in the e-commerce and/or travel/hospitality
    domain preferred.

    Behavior Characteristics:

    Required / Desired Skills

    Skill

    Required / Desired

    Amount of Experience

    Expertise Rating

    Must be passionate and entrepreneurial

    Required

    Several years’ experience in a modeling or analyst role

    Required

    5 Years

    High energy and creativity and an openness to new ideas/approaches.

    Required

    MA degree in quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics,
    etc.

    Required

    Ph.D. preferred

    Nice to have

    Comp. understanding of quantitative methods & extreme attention to
    details

    Required

    Previous exp. in the e-commerce &/or travel/hospitality domain
    preferred

    Nice to have

    Strong proficiency in SAS

    Required

    Able to produce ad hoc analysis & production-grade analytic jobs

    Required

    Functional proficiency in SQL

    Required

    Exp in predictive modeling,neural nets and self-learning models

    Required

    Experience in nets and self-learning models, etc.

    Required

    Ablility to estimate required effort for project objectives

    Required

    Ability prioritize work items appropriately

    Required

    Global Candidate Requirements
    prachi, Jul 31, 2009