    implement sentmail as it is seen in the real application.
    I wanna know what can i should do to retrieve the mails sent from an
    account using James

    siraj, Jan 8, 2007

  2. siraj wrote:
    > hi
    > i am doing a project using JavaMail API with JSP and James server
    > i have implemented sendmail,compose. but i wanna know how can i
    > implement sentmail as it is seen in the real application.
    > I wanna know what can i should do to retrieve the mails sent from an
    > account using James

    First of all, sendmail has nothing to do with e-mail composing or
    retrieving, it implementents a protocol known as SMTP and its purpose is
    moslty about e-mail delivery and the "path" it has to take. On the other
    hand, e-mails retrieving is done using another protocols like POP3 or
    IMAP and James server provides both of them. Have a look at the
    following documents:

    POP3: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1939.txt
    IMAP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt
    SMTP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt