    Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
    how to i separate first and last name in ASP

    Thanks,
    Eric, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Eric

    Peter Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in news:1155161189.375181.215950
    @i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
    > how to i separate first and last name in ASP

    Use the split function, assuming you have a delimiter of some description
    between the names, even if it is only a space.
    Peter, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Eric wrote:
    > Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field.
    > I need help how to i separate first and last name in ASP

    How do you plan to deal with multiple spaces, as in these examples?

    Townes Van Zandt
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    George Herbert Walker Bush

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Eric

    McKirahan Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    > Hi: I have data where first and last name are in one field. I need help
    > how to i separate first and last name in ASP

    Unless every both the first and last names are one word it's complex.

    For example,
    John Doe
    John Q. Public
    Dr. John Smallbooty