    computers to reach this.

    Please. help

    , Sep 12, 2006

  2. If you are remoting, set up a source repository (SourceSafe, CVS,
    Subversion, Team System). Each developer checks out to a different spot on
    the machine. Everyone remotes in and has code in a different directory.
    NOTE: Only one person can debug at a time if you are on one machine, ulnless
    you set up independent app pools (or use file based webs if using Visual
    Studio 2005).

    To set up independent app pools, you go into IIS and create the app pools.
    After having each developer pull code to a specific location, you set up the
    applications as web applications and set their pool.

    Open IIS Manager
    Create pools
    Have developers get code to a directory
    Set each developers directory in IIS by creating new virtual directories
    Right click each application directory in IIS Mgr and go to properties
    Under home directory, set the application pool for this application

    Once again, you CAN go to file based webs, which require no setup.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 12, 2006