Separately Positioning Form Input Elements ?

Mel Smith

Hi:

This post relates closely to one I posted on Feb 12th, and all the great
answers I received.

I would like to know if there is a standard method (HTML or CSS or both)
to *separately* position <input> elements of a form on a page without using

As an aside, I find that often I would like to place input elements in
and around other html elements, and want to know if there is a standard
method for doing this 'splitting up' and placement of form inputs.

Thanks,

-Mel Smith

Adrienne Boswell

Hi:

This post relates closely to one I posted on Feb 12th, and all the
great
answers I received.

I would like to know if there is a standard method (HTML or CSS or
both)
to *separately* position <input> elements of a form on a page without
using

As an aside, I find that often I would like to place input
elements in
and around other html elements, and want to know if there is a
standard method for doing this 'splitting up' and placement of form
inputs.

Thanks,

-Mel Smith

Sure, look up the label element, and style to taste with CSS.

Mel Smith

Adrienne Boswell said:
Sure, look up the label element, and style to taste with CSS.

Adrienne:

I'll look that up today and see where it leads me.

This prob in regards to my page which will display a news letter as a
scrolling big <div> in the middle of the page, and a input *Article
Identifier* at the top-left edge of the article. Along with this are other
text displays (e.g., Author's name, Subject of the article, Edit Date, etc.)

Then, at the bottom of the big <div> are four submit buttons for
navigation (i.e., newest, newer, older, oldest).

My big problem (at least until your suggestion above) was how to
separate the <input> Article Identifier from the line of buttons at the
bottom of the article division. Right now that Article identifier is simply
a display (and not an input). I want the user to be able to enter the ID of
a different newsletter, and then I get send it back to them.

My first attempts can be seen at www.mesaeastpark.com (click on 'Visit',
then click on top menu entry to see where I am now. (The News ID field is
where I ant an input, rather than just a display.

Thanks for the suggestion !

-Mel Smith
Mesa, Arizona
(now I've got to get my swamp coolers working on my roof -- going to be 85F
tomorrow)

Duende

On 26 Feb 2009 Mel Smith wrote in alt.html
Mesa, Arizona
(now I've got to get my swamp coolers working on my roof -- going to be
85F tomorrow)

Just get yourself some mexi cans and a few fans