Seperating IIS from Application

Aaron Kornbluth

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before.

Is there any way to have IIS running on one machine processing HTTP
requests - but have all requests routed to another machine for processing
(the App server).

The project I am coming from had iPlanet processing requests and passing
them to weblogic - I was curious if there was a way to have a similar
architecure in asp.net.

Along this line of thinking - can I front an ASP.Net application with a web
server other than IIS (i.e. iPlanet).

Thank You,

Aaron

Curt_C [MVP]

setup webservices on the second box to do all your work, the IIS box only
has to do the HTML redering and the webservice calls that way.

Aaron Kornbluth

I was looking for something more analagous to what occurs in the J2EE
setup - i.e. having the ISAPI plugin that processes ASPX (and all controls
that are instantiated by them) on another machine.

I could also use remoting from the ASPX pages - but again, I was looking for
a lower level solution.