September Meeting of the Washington Area XML Users Group

Discussion in 'XML' started by Betty Harvey, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Betty Harvey

    Betty Harvey Guest

    The next meeting of the XML Users Group will be held on Wednesday,
    September 17, 2003 at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) at 2000
    Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009-1277. The meeting starts
    at 7:00 p.m. and usually last approximately 2 hours. If attending
    the meeting by Metro, get off the Dupont Circle stop and walk
    north to Florida Avenue...turn right.

    There is no cost associated with attending but if you are planning on
    attending this meeting, please let us know so that we can give a list to
    AGU management. You can register at:

    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/meeting-register.html

    September 17, 2003

    Karanjit Siyan, National Institute of Health (NIH)
    Processing XML with JAVA - This presentation will
    present tools/techniques using SAX, DOM, JDOM, JAXP,
    Data Binding etc.

    NOTE: Karanjit's presentation is available at:
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/presentations/java-xml.ppt

    Barry Schaeffer, X.Systems.Inc.
    Content-centric XML Development - The concept, content-centered
    development, has held and the new environment will be quite
    unique in the IT world.

    Mark Your Calendars:

    The Government XML Working Group and the Washington Area
    XML Users Group, CMS Watch, Industry Advisory Council (IAC)
    and Booz | Allen | Hamilton will be
    sponsoring a 1 day "XML Authoring/Editing Forum" on
    September 29th. Information available at
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/XML-forum.

    October, 2003

    Sam Hunting, Etopicality
    "Real Topic Map Implementation: A topic map implementation
    using tmtk at the United States Geological Survey".

    Group Discussion, XML User Group
    Members of our group have requested that we take a meeting
    to discuss issues of XML implementation and share knowledge
    among the group! October will be devoted to an open discussion!

    Currently we need speakers for both the technical and vendor
    presentation portion of future meetings. If you would like
    to give a presentation at a future meeting, please send e-mail
    or call Betty Harvey (410) 787-9200. Share your knowledge and experience
    with others.

    Hope to see you there.

    Washington Area SGML Users Group Web Site:
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug
    Electronic copies of papers supplied from speakers are
    available on-line.

    To subscribe to the Washington Area SGML Users Group mailing
    list, go to http://ecc05.eccnet.com/mailman/listinfo/xmlusers.

    DIRECTIONS:

    From Connecticut Avenue north of AGU, make a left onto
    T Street (1 block before Florida Avenue). Drive one block,
    the entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your
    right.

    >From Connecticut Avenue of AGU, make your first right

    after Florida Avenue onto T Street. Drive one block. the
    entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your right.

    >From I-66

    - Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This
    places you on Constitution Avenue.
    - Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to
    Connecticut Avenue.
    - Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue.
    - Right on Florida Avenue. AGU is 1/2 block on the right at the
    corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.

    Betty Harvey | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
    Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |