    --
    Br
    Vento
    Michael Andreasen, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Michael Andreasen

    Konrad Meyer Guest

    --nextPart4506007.rHRynLk21E

    Quoth Michael Andreasen:
    =2E..
    > Anyone could point me in the right direction? Couldt google anything.
    > --
    > Br
    > Vento

    Why, was google broken?

    =2D-=20
    Konrad Meyer <> http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

    Konrad Meyer, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Re: sequel problem: no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError

    Konrad Meyer wrote:
    > Why, was google broken?

    Could be ;-) Either way i couldt find anything. So im still looking for
    help on this one.

    I admit im new to Ruby and maybe im googling the error msg incorrectly.
    in any case any small point in the right direction would be appriciated.

    --
    thanks
    Vento
    Mike Andersen, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Michael Andreasen

    Phil Guest

    Re: sequel problem: no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError

    Do you have a MySQL gem installed?

    --
    Phillip Gawlowski
    Phil, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Re: sequel problem: no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError

    thanks for your guidence which lead me to the soloution, but not the
    problem.

    gem install mysql

    produces the following output:

    make install
    /bin/install -c -m 0755 mysql.so
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib
    Successfully installed mysql-2.7

    however

    ls -alh /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib

    showed this path to be empty. i copyied mysql.so like this

    cp /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/mysql.so
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/

    and viola, it works!

    Mike Andersen, Sep 22, 2007
  6. Michael Andreasen

    Todd Benson Guest

    On 9/22/07, Wayne E. Seguin <> wrote:

    > The first and third of those lines are stating that the 'mysql'
    > library is missing.
    > Make sure that you have the ruby-mysql library installed, latest
    > version is 2.7 I believe.
    > "sudo gem install mysql"
    >
    > ~Wayne

    Also--after you have installed your necessary libraries--remember that
    your mysql server needs to be running. I've, myself, tried to
    troubleshoot DB library things into the ground when the server just
    didn't start. It seems simple and stupid, but it happens to the best.

    Todd
    Todd Benson, Sep 22, 2007
  7. Sharon Rosner, Sep 22, 2007
  8. Michael Andreasen

    John Joyce Guest

    On Sep 22, 2007, at 8:45 AM, Todd Benson wrote:
    > Also--after you have installed your necessary libraries--remember that
    > your mysql server needs to be running. I've, myself, tried to
    > troubleshoot DB library things into the ground when the server just
    > didn't start. It seems simple and stupid, but it happens to the best.
    >
    > Todd

    Yes! This is a common problem for all of us. It doesn't happen often,
    so we don't see it or expect it. But, when the mysql server
    application is stopped, you will get failure.
    John Joyce, Sep 22, 2007