    say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
    template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

    ~Iain
    Iain, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Iain

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
    > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
    > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?
    >
    > ~Iain

    If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
    you also provide Class diagrams.

    In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
    the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
    information in the Class diagrams.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Oliver Wong wrote:
    > "Iain" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
    > > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
    > > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?
    > >
    > > ~Iain

    > If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
    > you also provide Class diagrams.
    >
    > In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
    > the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
    > information in the Class diagrams.

    It seems to me as if nobody sees it as useful to take a sequence
    diagram as input.

    Don't you think it would be useful to be able to list the main possible
    threads of action and have a template code drawn from that? You could
    exapt later it for other uses if need be.

    ~Iain
    Iain, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Iain wrote:
    > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
    > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
    > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

    Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
    classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
    will allow the same,

    Richard
    Richard Wheeldon, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Richard Wheeldon wrote:
    > Iain wrote:
    > > Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
    > > say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
    > > template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

    > Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
    > classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
    > will allow the same,

    I was more curious about a program that extracts a class structure from
    a large number of already existing sequence diagrams.

    ~Iain
    Iain, Feb 13, 2006