Sequence Diagramming

Iain

Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

~Iain

Oliver Wong

Iain said:
Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

~Iain

If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
you also provide Class diagrams.

In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
information in the Class diagrams.

- Oliver

Iain

Oliver said:
If you use Microsoft Visio, it can do this, but on the condition that
you also provide Class diagrams.

In fact, I believe Visio ignores any semantic information you provide in
the Sequence diagrams and generates it templates entirely from the
information in the Class diagrams.

It seems to me as if nobody sees it as useful to take a sequence
diagram as input.

Don't you think it would be useful to be able to list the main possible
threads of action and have a template code drawn from that? You could
exapt later it for other uses if need be.

~Iain

Richard Wheeldon

Iain said:
Is there such a thing as a programme that will let me create, let us
say, ten sequence diagrams, and forge from that a single normalised
template of source that facilitates all those courses of action?

Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
will allow the same,

Richard

Iain

Richard said:
Rational Rose will allow you to create sequence diagrams based on
classes in a previously created class diagram. I'd imagine TogetherJ
will allow the same,

I was more curious about a program that extracts a class structure from
a large number of already existing sequence diagrams.

~Iain