    the page.....

    I thought it would be added automatically to the bin folder?

    Could someone enlighten me here?

    Seth Williams, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Hello Seth

    > First off - I know how to add it to the toolbox manually - so once I've
    > got that done, I create a web page, and double click on that control, to
    > add it to the web page.
    >
    > I see that it's not included automatically in the BIN folder, and it is
    > not added as a reference (I can manually add the reference) - so when I
    > deploy the website, I'm responsible for adding it to the bin folder ahead
    > of time?
    >
    > I'm not sure what is supposed to happen for the website, when I add it to
    > the page.....
    >
    > I thought it would be added automatically to the bin folder?

    At the time you wire up the reference, the referenced assemly will
    automatically copied to your bin folder.

    --
    Gruss, Peter Bucher

    Peter Bucher [MVP], Apr 1, 2008

  3. "Peter Bucher [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Seth
    >
    >> First off - I know how to add it to the toolbox manually - so once I've
    >> got that done, I create a web page, and double click on that control, to
    >> add it to the web page.
    >>
    >> I see that it's not included automatically in the BIN folder, and it is
    >> not added as a reference (I can manually add the reference) - so when I
    >> deploy the website, I'm responsible for adding it to the bin folder ahead
    >> of time?
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what is supposed to happen for the website, when I add it to
    >> the page.....
    >>
    >> I thought it would be added automatically to the bin folder?

    > At the time you wire up the reference, the referenced assemly will
    > automatically copied to your bin folder.
    >
    > --
    > Gruss, Peter Bucher
    > Microsoft MVP - Visual Developer ASP / ASP.NET, Switzerland
    > http://www.aspnetzone.de/ - ASP.NET Zone, die ASP.NET Community
    > http://www.aspnetzone.de/blogs/peterbucher/ - Auf den Spuren von .NET

    Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by 'wire up'
    I added a reference to the control, and it only added it to the web.config
    file - it did not add it to the bin folder.

    Seth Williams, Apr 1, 2008
  4. Hello Seth

    > Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by 'wire up'
    > I added a reference to the control, and it only added it to the web.config
    > file - it did not add it to the bin folder.

    Sorry, wrong word, i mean "add".
    A reference sould do the work, so that the dll automatically copied in your
    bin folder.

    --
    Gruss, Peter Bucher

    Peter Bucher [MVP], Apr 2, 2008
  5. Well - as you saw from my last post - I did that and it was not copied to
    the bin folder that way, either.

    Just to see if I was remembering things wrongly, I downloaded a company's
    'lite' control.
    As soon as I double clicked on it, it not only added it to the page, but put
    it in the Bin folder

    Am I missing something in my code, so that it's not recognized as needing to
    be put in the Bin folder?

    Seth Williams, Apr 2, 2008