Serer Side Include Recordsets

GTN170777

Is it possible to put all recordsets in external files, reference the
recordset through a server Side Include and then use the reordset to display
data for instance, I have a search page that will post a value of x
A search results page where the results of x are displayed, but the
recordset is held on recordset1 page?

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

GTN170777 said:
Is it possible to put all recordsets in external files, reference the
recordset through a server Side Include and then use the reordset to
display data for instance, I have a search page that will post a
value of x
A search results page where the results of x are displayed, but the
recordset is held on recordset1 page?
You can use the rs.Save method to persist the recordsets to XML files. I
haven't done this in a while and I have no time to go read the
documentation so I'm not sure if this requires a client-side cursor or
not.. My feeling is that client-side cursors are required.
You cannot #include them as-is however. You have to have a page that
uses the rs.Open method to open the file.