    A search results page where the results of x are displayed, but the
    recordset is held on recordset1 page?

    Thanks

    GTN170777, Jul 1, 2008

  2. GTN170777 wrote:
    > Is it possible to put all recordsets in external files, reference the
    > recordset through a server Side Include and then use the reordset to
    > display data for instance, I have a search page that will post a
    > value of x
    > A search results page where the results of x are displayed, but the
    > recordset is held on recordset1 page?

    You can use the rs.Save method to persist the recordsets to XML files. I
    haven't done this in a while and I have no time to go read the
    documentation so I'm not sure if this requires a client-side cursor or
    not.. My feeling is that client-side cursors are required.
    You cannot #include them as-is however. You have to have a page that
    uses the rs.Open method to open the file.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 1, 2008

  3. GTN170777

    GTN170777 Guest

    Thanks Bob, shame though as I was hoping to reduce my work load!!

    GTN170777, Jul 2, 2008