    How can I acces the serial port via .NET please

    Many thanks

    Alan

    Alan S., Sep 3, 2003

  2. Alan S.

    Bruce Brown Guest

    Bruce Brown, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Alan S.

    Mike Guest

    Alan,

    Check out this user sample for a C# SerialPort class on the GotDotNet Web
    site:

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/...mpleGuid=b06e30f9-1301-4cc6-ac14-dfe325097c69

    Read through the user posts as there are some reported bugs. This class is
    reportedly going to be similar to what Microsoft will ship with the next
    release of the .NET framework.

    -Mike

    Mike, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Hi!

    This is one way to go about it:

    http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=320

    Another is that you write a managed C++ class that internally uses Win32 API
    to do the communication, since as of .NET 1.1, there's no native support for
    serial port communication.

    --

    Regards,
    Gaurav Khanna

    Kumar Gaurav Khanna [.NET MVP], Sep 4, 2003