serial out

john

Hi,

I am using clk of frequency 10Mhz to read 4 bytes of data from a
SRAM. I am moving the data into buffer byte by byte and then, I need
to serial out the data at clock rate of 2Mhz. I want to synchronize
the whole operation.
I am using state machine to read the SRAM, then after clock the 3
bytes into the buffer, I am generating a strobe signal form the state
machine to turn on the counter running at the 2Mhz frequncy. I got
2Mhz clock by dividing the 10Mhz clock. But I am getting the correct
data. Can anybody advice me the correct algorithm

Thanks
John

Mike Treseler

john said:
I am using clk of frequency 10Mhz to read 4 bytes of data from a
SRAM. I am moving the data into buffer byte by byte and then, I need
to serial out the data at clock rate of 2Mhz. I want to synchronize
the whole operation.
I am using state machine to read the SRAM, then after clock the 3
bytes into the buffer, I am generating a strobe signal form the state
machine to turn on the counter running at the 2Mhz frequncy. I got
2Mhz clock by dividing the 10Mhz clock.

Read up on clock enables to start with:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=vhdl+clock+enable&scoring=d
See some related examples here: