Serial port using Java (Windows OS)

campos

Hi folks !

I have to develop a Windows GUI using Java to control a HP spectrum analyser
via the serial port (RS232). I know that once there was a Sun's package that
allowed to build applications using serial portS (javax.comm) in Windows OS.
But now that package is only for Linux and Solaris OS'es.... :( ?

Does anybody know about the subject ? How can I control the analyser through
RS232 using Java ? Thanx a lot for any help !

Best greatings !

campos

Thanx for your messages! I downloaded version 2.0 from the API and it worlks
pretty well. It seems that version 3.0 does not include Windows OS'es due to
an incompatibility with Win2000...
Greetings!

Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
serial port with java

campos said:
Hi folks !

I have to develop a Windows GUI using Java to control a HP spectrum analyser
via the serial port (RS232). I know that once there was a Sun's package that
allowed to build applications using serial portS (javax.comm) in Windows OS.
But now that package is only for Linux and Solaris OS'es.... :( ?

Does anybody know about the subject ? How can I control the analyser through
RS232 using Java ? Thanx a lot for any help !

Best greatings !

Hi, looks at www.giovynet.com, you will find java libraries to manage serial port...

Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Serial port communication in windows using Java

Javacomm library has been withdrawn for windows by sun.You can find an alternative solution at codeglobe.blogspot.com

Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Rs232

I have tried JComWin32 from caerustech.com/JCommWin32.php and that worked out well for me. Its easy to use - just make sure to put the DLL file somewhere in system path for JVM to find it.

Best regards,
Olef

Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Same exact problem, please help!!

guys I am also trying to do a gui for an electronic device using java, and I can't get the serial communication part to work, i've been trying so hard but to no avail!! Is there anyone who did it before?? I am using win64, wouldn't mind using win32 or linux, but i already built the gui with java 3d, it's just the serial communication not working..

Please help! suggestions, links, code, previous projects, anything would help!!