Serial Programming - Rs232

fidel

Hello,

my target is a small application which:

* Start as a small Window
* Offers several input fields for RS232-related connection
informations (like parity etc...)
* A Send-function to submit local files via the opened RS232
connection to the target.

Basicly i am pretty new to c++.
I have choosen DevC++ as beginner IDE.

I would like to ask if you can recommend me some good resources for
serial programming, basic-gui development in c++ and in best case some
small examples.

Dont get me wrong i am just tryinig to collect some additional
informations before i start with wrong ideas into wrong directions.

Best regards
fidel

red floyd

fidel said:
Hello,

my target is a small application which:

* Start as a small Window
* Offers several input fields for RS232-related connection
informations (like parity etc...)
* A Send-function to submit local files via the opened RS232
connection to the target.

Basicly i am pretty new to c++.
I have choosen DevC++ as beginner IDE.

I would like to ask if you can recommend me some good resources for
serial programming, basic-gui development in c++ and in best case some
small examples.

Dont get me wrong i am just tryinig to collect some additional
informations before i start with wrong ideas into wrong directions.

Hi fidel.

I'm afraid that nothing you have asked about is on topic for this
newsgroup. Windows, device control, RS-232 are off topic.

You might want to try some of the groups listed in FAQ 5.9

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

If you have questions which are on topic for here, please don't hesitate
to ask.

A suggestion to determine comp.lang.c++ is the right place. Ask
yourself the following two questions:

1. If I changed languages away from C++, would the questions and answers
remain basically the same? If so, then your question belongs in either
a platform specific group, or a generic programming group.

2. If I changed platform (e.g. from Windows to Linux), would the answer
be substantially different? If so, then your question is specific to
your platform, and should go in a newsgroup related to it.

If the answers to both questions are no, then you are most likely on
topic for comp.lang.c++.

Hope this helps.