Serialization/Deserialization problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Miguel RS, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Miguel RS

    Miguel RS Guest

    Hi all,
    I have a winforms app (app1), a webservice (ws1) and a webpage (wp1). The
    webservice exposes a type (type1). When I generate a proxy (px1) for app1 I
    get the type ws1.type1. The thing is that I want to serialize an instance of
    this type, pass it as a parameter to wp1 and then deserialize it. Let's say
    that type1 is a person´s info, containig attributes like name, age and so on
    and I want to show that info in the webpage. OK, the problem is that for
    serialization I have:
    Dim lSerializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(px1.type1))
    and for deserialization I have:
    Dim lDeserializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(type1))

    that is, I have two types that being identical, are different. This way the
    deserialization doesn´t work fine .I don´t get any error but I don´t get any
    data either.

    Any ideas? This one is killing me :)

    Thanks in advance,
    Miguel.