Serialization of an inherited property.

Kevin Burton

Hopefully this is the right group.

I am getting the following exeption:

Member 'PPRP602AType.RPLY_HEADER' hides inherited member
'REPLYType.RPLY_HEADER', but has different custom attributes.
at
System.Xml.Serialization.StructMapping.FindDeclaringMapping(MemberMapping
member, StructMapping& declaringMapping, String parent)
at System.Xml.Serialization.StructMapping.Declares(MemberMapping member,
Stri
ng parent)
at
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportStructLikeMapping(Str
uctModel model, String ns)

The 'REPLYType.RPLY_HEADER' is abstract and specified as:

public abstract class REPLYType
{
#region Accessor Functions
public abstract RPLY_HEADERType RPLY_HEADER
{
get;
set;
}
#endregion
}

Then I derive from there

public sealed class PPRP602AType : REPLYType

and implement the abstract property:

#region Private Members
private RPLY_HEADERType _RPLY_HEADER;
#endregion
#region Accessor Functions
[XmlElement(ElementName="RPLY_HEADER_PPRP602A")]
public override RPLY_HEADERType RPLY_HEADER
{
get
{
return _RPLY_HEADER;
}
set
{
_RPLY_HEADER = value;
#endregion

What am I doing wrong? Why the serialization exception?

Thank you.

Kevin