Serialize session state & OutOfMemoryError?

Guest

I have an application running on a 3 server webfarm running Windows 2003 with
SQLServer Session state. After running for several hours, I started getting
the following error. When I access each app individually, only one of the
servers seems to return this error when I step through a sequence. I was
told that I'm trying to store an object not marked as Serializable but I've
tested this on a dev machine storing session variables without any problems,
plus it works for several hours before I have issues. I think something else
is the root of this error but I don't know where to look exactly.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable
objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is
'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to serialize the session
state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are
not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was
thrown.]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to serialize the session state. Please
note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted
when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.]
System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.WriteValueToStream(Object value,
BinaryWriter writer) +1711
System.Web.SessionState.SessionDictionary.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
+148
System.Web.SessionState.StateClientManager.Serialize(SessionStateItem
item, Stream stream) +146

System.Web.SessionState.SqlStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.Set(String id, SessionStateItem item, Boolean inStorage) +126
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object source,
EventArgs eventArgs) +465

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
completedSynchronously) +87

Bruce Barker

many objects are serialiable until an unserialiable property is set, or an
unserialiable object is added.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Bruce,

Sorry, can you expand on that? If I'm adding a dataset to my session and a
few hours into the day I start to get this error on one of the servers, I'm
not sure how that it explains the problem

Thanks.

Dave said:
[...]

about

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to serialize the
session
state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects
are
not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can