Serious problem with vatican website

richard

http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html

Warning! Open this site in a window in a new browser session.
This is a virtual video look at the sistine chapel.
When I went to close out the tab, firefox 3.6.9 crashed.
This last time I was checking out the site, FF couldn't even close.
I ran the page through the validator and it returned 20 errors and several
warnings. What I'd like to know is, what the hell is causing the crash?

richard

Interesting. Worked fine in SeaMonkey 2.0.8. When I closed the tab in
FF 3.6.8 FF closes. It's a Flash app. Anything's possible. :)

Even weirder, I just did it again in FF. Closed the tab and nothing
went wrong. Very odd.

that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's the code on the site, since
it's all damn javascript stuff or my settings.
Using IE 6 I got this error report:
TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter url must be non-null.
at flash.media::Sound/flash.media:Sound::_load()
at flash.media::Sound/load()
at sound/::registerEvent()
at
flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_addedtostage()
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_done()
at kflashpano::Kloader/::decode_complete()

I have a hunch it's their screwed up coding.
Like who the hell uses javascript to create a table?

richard

That's kind of like saying, who the hell is still using ie6?

I mean, really.

Normally, I don't even use IE of any version.
I only used it this time to see if IE would crash or not.
I prefer firefox and use it as my main browser.