    This last time I was checking out the site, FF couldn't even close.
    I ran the page through the validator and it returned 20 errors and several
    warnings. What I'd like to know is, what the hell is causing the crash?

    richard, Sep 13, 2010

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:28:32 -0400, Ed Mullen wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_vr/index.html
    >>
    >> Warning! Open this site in a window in a new browser session.
    >> This is a virtual video look at the sistine chapel.
    >> When I went to close out the tab, firefox 3.6.9 crashed.
    >> This last time I was checking out the site, FF couldn't even close.
    >> I ran the page through the validator and it returned 20 errors and several
    >> warnings. What I'd like to know is, what the hell is causing the crash?

    > Interesting. Worked fine in SeaMonkey 2.0.8. When I closed the tab in
    > FF 3.6.8 FF closes. It's a Flash app. Anything's possible. :)
    >
    > Even weirder, I just did it again in FF. Closed the tab and nothing
    > went wrong. Very odd.

    that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's the code on the site, since
    it's all damn javascript stuff or my settings.
    Using IE 6 I got this error report:
    TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter url must be non-null.
    at flash.media::Sound/flash.media:Sound::_load()
    at flash.media::Sound/load()
    at sound/::registerEvent()
    at
    flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_addedtostage()
    at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
    at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_done()
    at kflashpano::Kloader/::decode_complete()

    I have a hunch it's their screwed up coding.
    Like who the hell uses javascript to create a table?

    richard, Sep 13, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:44:49 -0700, idle wrote:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:13:29 -0700, richard wrote in alt.html:

    >>> Interesting. Worked fine in SeaMonkey 2.0.8. When I closed the tab in
    >>> FF 3.6.8 FF closes. It's a Flash app. Anything's possible. :)
    >>>
    >>> Even weirder, I just did it again in FF. Closed the tab and nothing
    >>> went wrong. Very odd.

    >> that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's the code on the site, since
    >> it's all damn javascript stuff or my settings.
    >> Using IE 6 I got this error report:
    >> TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter url must be non-null.
    >> at flash.media::Sound/flash.media:Sound::_load()
    >> at flash.media::Sound/load()
    >> at sound/::registerEvent()
    >> at
    >> flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
    >> at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    >> at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_addedtostage()
    >> at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
    >> at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_done()
    >> at kflashpano::Kloader/::decode_complete()
    >>
    >> I have a hunch it's their screwed up coding.
    >> Like who the hell uses javascript to create a table?

    > That's kind of like saying, who the hell is still using ie6?
    >
    > I mean, really.

    Normally, I don't even use IE of any version.
    I only used it this time to see if IE would crash or not.
    I prefer firefox and use it as my main browser.

    richard, Sep 13, 2010
  4. richard

    idle Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:47:57 -0700, richard wrote in alt.html:

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:44:49 -0700, idle wrote:

    >>> that's why I am asking. I don't know if it's the code on the site, since
    >>> it's all damn javascript stuff or my settings.
    >>> Using IE 6 I got this error report:
    >>> TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter url must be non-null.
    >>> at flash.media::Sound/flash.media:Sound::_load()
    >>> at flash.media::Sound/load()
    >>> at sound/::registerEvent()
    >>> at
    >>> flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
    >>> at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    >>> at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_addedtostage()
    >>> at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
    >>> at krpano::krpano_plugin/::loadurl_done()
    >>> at kflashpano::Kloader/::decode_complete()
    >>>
    >>> I have a hunch it's their screwed up coding.
    >>> Like who the hell uses javascript to create a table?

    >> That's kind of like saying, who the hell is still using ie6?
    >>
    >> I mean, really.

    > Normally, I don't even use IE of any version.
    > I only used it this time to see if IE would crash or not.
    > I prefer firefox and use it as my main browser.

    Oh, ok.
    Whew. You scared the rest of us pretty good ;)

    Uninstall that sucka!
    http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE
    Good for IE site testing.
    ;)