    I prefer the non techical approach with some humor (if possible). I would
    like the book to assume the reader has NO windows experience. Thank you
    ahead of time for any assistance!

    lagunasun, Mar 20, 2005

  2. lagunasun

    Artie Gold Guest

    lagunasun wrote:
    [snip]

    > I am going from learning c++ console apps to windows, and need a good book.
    > I prefer the non techical approach with some humor (if possible). I would
    > like the book to assume the reader has NO windows experience. Thank you
    > ahead of time for any assistance!

    Here we discuss standard C++, not Windows.

    Your best source, however, is likely the book review section at accu.org
    (Association of C and C++ Users), which you can find at:

    http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/reviews/0hr/index.htm

    Naturally, YMMV.

    HTH,
    --ag

    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas
    http://www.cafepress.com/goldsays

    Artie Gold, Mar 20, 2005

  3. lagunasun

    Bradley Guest

    My "personal" opinion on one of the absolute best books around to learn
    Windows Game Programming from the ground up is Andrew LaMothe's "Tricks of
    The Windows Game Programming Gurus - 2nd Edition". Of course you already
    have to have a working knowledge of the C/C++ Language. This book is NOT for
    learning the C/C++ language. He cracks small jokes all throughout the book
    but this guy knows his stuff man. I got the book and Im up to about chapter
    7. It is deep, thick, and intense, but he explains everything very well.
    What else can I say.

    Bradley, Mar 20, 2005