    based on the Request uri, etc.

    Thaks.
    , Jun 21, 2006

  2. no, you would need to write an iis filer in c/c++.

    not sure the point. SSL certificates are tied to the domain name, and iis
    already supports cerificates per domain.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 21, 2006

    The point is that the site is reachable as www.mysite.com and
    mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. If there is a server-installed cert for
    www.mysite.com, the user gets the confusing cert-prompt. If the cert
    handling was in .NET, then I could respond with the appropriate
    certificate based on the contents of the Request.

    bruce barker (sqlwork.com) wrote:
    > no, you would need to write an iis filer in c/c++.
    >
    > not sure the point. SSL certificates are tied to the domain name, and iis
    > already supports cerificates per domain.
    >

    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have an IIS 6.0 web server that does not have an SSL certificate set
    > > up on the web site.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to enable SSL via my ASP.NET 2.0 web application only by
    > > inserting the SSL handshake, etc in an Http Module or anywhere else in
    > > the ASP.NET pipeline? For example, I could then offer different certs
    > > based on the Request uri, etc.
    > >
    > > Thaks.

    , Jun 22, 2006
  4. pblse2 Guest

    wrote:
    > The point is that the site is reachable as www.mysite.com and
    > mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. If there is a server-installed cert for
    > www.mysite.com, the user gets the confusing cert-prompt. If the cert
    > handling was in .NET, then I could respond with the appropriate
    > certificate based on the contents of the Request.

    Then purchase a wildcard SSL certificate.

    PL.
    pblse2, Jun 22, 2006
  5. There is no way in doing this in ASP.NET 2.0 because as previously
    posted, the request once reach the IIS then only it will be handled
    against the SSL request then given to the ASP.NET handlers.

    So, there is no escape other than buying an SSL certificate
    Vadivel Kumar, Jun 24, 2006