Serve SSL via HttpModule?

bradwiseathome

I have an IIS 6.0 web server that does not have an SSL certificate set
up on the web site.

Is it possible to enable SSL via my ASP.NET 2.0 web application only by
inserting the SSL handshake, etc in an Http Module or anywhere else in
the ASP.NET pipeline? For example, I could then offer different certs
based on the Request uri, etc.

Thaks.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

no, you would need to write an iis filer in c/c++.

not sure the point. SSL certificates are tied to the domain name, and iis
already supports cerificates per domain.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

bradwiseathome

The point is that the site is reachable as www.mysite.com and
mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. If there is a server-installed cert for
www.mysite.com, the user gets the confusing cert-prompt. If the cert
handling was in .NET, then I could respond with the appropriate
certificate based on the contents of the Request.

pblse2

The point is that the site is reachable as www.mysite.com and
mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. If there is a server-installed cert for
www.mysite.com, the user gets the confusing cert-prompt. If the cert
handling was in .NET, then I could respond with the appropriate
certificate based on the contents of the Request.

Then purchase a wildcard SSL certificate.

PL.

Vadivel Kumar

There is no way in doing this in ASP.NET 2.0 because as previously
posted, the request once reach the IIS then only it will be handled
against the SSL request then given to the ASP.NET handlers.

So, there is no escape other than buying an SSL certificate