Serve static files with Apache from a .WAR file deployed in JBoss?

Josh McCulloch

I have setup Apache 2.0.50 and JBoss 3.2.5 using mod_jk2.

My application is defined to operate in the root context
(http://servername/) by creating a WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml

I am serving static files (with apache) from a directory off the file
system, by setting the DirectoryRoot variable in httpd.conf. JBoss is
working off a .WAR built from this directory.

Is there any way to reference the unarchived files from Apache?
Currently, they are going to
c:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\tmp\deploy\tmp17751xxx.war. I believe
that the directory name is dynamic, so I can't depend on it.

I guess what I'm asking is how to configure JBoss to deploy wars to a
known location? I'd rather not have to manually unarchive the .WAR
file into a deploy/filename.war/ directory (which I believe I read
about in the FAQ?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Sudsy

Josh McCulloch wrote:
I guess what I'm asking is how to configure JBoss to deploy wars to a
known location? I'd rather not have to manually unarchive the .WAR
file into a deploy/filename.war/ directory (which I believe I read
about in the FAQ?)

This is one of the biggest limitations of JBoss. When I mentioned it
on their moderated forum, my post was erased within a couple of days.
Guess they just don't want to hear about it...
Sorry, but it looks like you'll have to do what I did: maintain the
static content separately from what you build dynamically. Of course
you can still provide image references in your dynamic content but
don't let JBoss mangle your URLs.