Server Application Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by bruce, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. bruce

    bruce Guest

    ASP.NET app running for about a year with no problem and suddenly this week
    it's giving error message. The same as the one decribed by another user.
    Even stranger is that we only have this problem from some web clients
    (desktop browser, IE) , some other people do not have problems at all from
    theirs desktop.

    Also, some clients can access the web app but some can't! Some can use IE
    but not Netscape, some can't with both,
    but there are also some that don't have problem with both. It started this
    week Monday or Tuesday.

    ===============================
    I am getting the following message when I try to access the asp.dotnet pages
    of our website.

    "Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
    to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
    "

    When I looked at the eventlog viewer on the server I see the following 2
    errors logged

    "
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 5/23/2005
    Time: 11:53:33 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BOCAWTST
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 3600) stopped unexpectedly.
    "

    "
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 5/23/2005
    Time: 11:53:33 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BOCAWTST
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
    found.
    The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
    message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
    information
    is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2032- Setup Error:
    Failed to
    load resources from resource file
    Please check your Setup.
    "