"Server Application Unavailable " error message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?dmljdG9y?=, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. My hosting company recently upgrade to window 2003 server. The reasearch i
    have done so far is that 2003 server will use IIS6.0. It is totally different
    from 2000 server and IIS 5.0

    I have noticed the next error message happen to my web site recently

    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to
    retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

    I follwoed the instruction, check the application log, BUT, I could not find
    the error which could be related to the problem I got.

    Normally I have to ask my hosting company to do something. I do not know
    what they did, but it solve the problem.

    I guess from IIS5 to IIS 6, I might need to ask my hosting compnay to
    confirgure something to make sure the uptime of my site looks good. (for
    example, memory managemnt, when to force the system to recycle....)

    Can someone share his experence when upgrade from iis5 to IIS 6.0?

    Thanks

    David

    =?Utf-8?B?dmljdG9y?=, Feb 1, 2005