Server Application unavailable Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Umair Ahmed, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Umair Ahmed

    Umair Ahmed Guest

    Hi,

    I m developing a web application on Win2k platform and
    deploying the application on Win2k platform. I didnt get
    any error on the development machine but when i deployed
    to any machine on wch only .NET framework 1.o is
    installed it gives the following error

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this
    web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
    the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
    request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
    of this specific request failure can be found in the
    system event log of the web server. Please review this
    log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

    When I looked into the event viewer i found these details

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 1.0.3705.288
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 12/2/2003
    Time: 10:38:15 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAVAID
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 280) stopped unexpectedly.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 12/2/2003
    Time: 10:38:15 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAVAID
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET
    Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
    have the necessary registry information or message DLL
    files to display messages from a remote computer. The
    following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime
    version 1.0.3705.288- aspnet_wp.exe - Common Language
    Runtime Debugging Services: Application has encountered a
    user-defined breakpoint.

    Process id=0x118 (280), Thread id=0x51c (1308).

    Click ABORT to terminate the application.
    Click RETRY to debug the application.
    Click IGNORE to ignore the breakpoint..

    One thing tht i have noticed is that when I run this
    application on any machine on wch Visual Studio .NET is
    installed it doesn't gives error there but if I run it on
    the machine on which only .NET framework is installed
    this error arises.

    Any idea????

    Umair Ahmed, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Umair Ahmed