Server Application Unavailable - following install of new SQL Server instance

Simon Devlin

Hi everyone.

I have an install of ISS5 in conjunction with .net and running SQL Server
2000 (on the same machine). It's not a Domain (primary or backup)
Controller and the account that was used to run ASP.NET is the usual
local_machine\ASPNET account.

All was working fine - no problems at all.

However, I installed a second instance of SQL Server 2000.

Now I get the dreaded "Server Application Unavailable" message. All the
information that I can find about this particular error (and in particular
the two distinct messages appear in the Eventlog - referenced in q315158 )
relate
to the scenario where the machine is a Domain Controller - which in this
case it isn't.

Has anyone else seen this? I guess I can fiddle with the processModel stuff
and use a different low privileged account, but I'd like to try and
understand if this is either coincidence, or something that I'll need to
bear in mind for the future.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Simon,

What is the exact error you are seeing in the Application log? Is this
ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 1.0?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support