Server Application Unavailable - following install of new SQL Server instance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Devlin, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Simon Devlin

    Simon Devlin Guest

    Hi everyone.

    I have an install of ISS5 in conjunction with .net and running SQL Server
    2000 (on the same machine). It's not a Domain (primary or backup)
    Controller and the account that was used to run ASP.NET is the usual
    local_machine\ASPNET account.

    All was working fine - no problems at all.

    However, I installed a second instance of SQL Server 2000.

    Now I get the dreaded "Server Application Unavailable" message. All the
    information that I can find about this particular error (and in particular
    the two distinct messages appear in the Eventlog - referenced in q315158 )
    relate
    to the scenario where the machine is a Domain Controller - which in this
    case it isn't.

    Has anyone else seen this? I guess I can fiddle with the processModel stuff
    and use a different low privileged account, but I'd like to try and
    understand if this is either coincidence, or something that I'll need to
    bear in mind for the future.

    Thanks in advance.
    Simon Devlin, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Simon,

    What is the exact error you are seeing in the Application log? Is this
    ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 1.0?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support