Server Application Unavailable [have to reinstall ASP.NET after each reboot]

rooster575

I have a strange situation whereby I must un-install and re-install ASP.NET
every time I reboot the server.

When the server is rebooted and I try to access a web application it reads:
"Server Application Unavailable"

If I then go to control-panel and uninstall .NET Framework and then
reinstall .NET Framework, it works again, but only until the next reboot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Server info:
Windows 2000 Server
SQLserver 2000 Sp3a

Trevor Benedict R

Few things that you can do. This could be a permission issue.

1. Download the RegMon and FileMon utility from
http://www.sysinternals.com
2. Clean the EventLog if required. Else make a note as to where you are
starting
3 Reboot your machine
4. Run RegMon & FileMon
5. Then try to navigate to the page and see if you are receiving any
permission denined errors. If so post them here
6. Check the regisry and post any extra information that you might have
here
7. Same thing with the filemon
8. If it still does not work then make a clean start with these files
and the Event Log( Meaning clear them)
9. Start the IISAdmin Service Manually or you could also use IISReset.
See if there are any permission issues.

Did you install .NET Framework using a local Admin account or something
else.

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD