Server Application Unavailable (now ASP.Net 2.0)

JackBlack

Hi, all! Running a single web on an XP/Pro SP2 box (latest patches); web
uses ASP.Net 2.0 (used to run perfectly under 1.1, but now with VS.Net 2k5
it'll only work with 2.0 webs).

Basically, machine crashed, and am rebuilding it from backups. Installed
VS.Net 2k5 Team Dev; had various issues with my ASP.Net 1.1 app loading and
compiling, but those were resolved. Now, when I attempt to fire up the web
app, I get the error "Server Application Unavailable". I've verified that
both IWAM_ and IUSER accounts have access to both the application directory
as well as the specific .Net Framework installation directories
(2.0.whatever is it).

I've tried all of the fixes I could find for this type of error, but haven't
gotten anywhere. Could someone give me a more detailed idea of what this
error is, and possible fixes to it? I've already tried the fixes related to
XP for this error as found in the KB.

Thanks!
Steve

ps: This application used to work perfectly on this box (Xp/Pro SP2 +
extras) before as a 1.1 application, developed under VS.Net 2.3.