    This was working earlier today, and I haven't altered anything. I'm sort of
    at a loss as to how to fix this.

    Paul

    PJ6, Sep 29, 2005

  2. PJ6

    Raul Macias Guest

    Have you tried this?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315158

    -Raul

    Raul Macias, Sep 29, 2005

  3. PJ6

    PJ6 Guest

    Well that's an accurate description of the error, but

    - my machine is not a PDC, BDC, or a server
    - the ASPNET account already exists and is properly configured
    - all the other projects work just fine

    It's probably something in the project itself. I just wish the error were a
    little more helpful.

    Paul

    PJ6, Sep 30, 2005
  4. If you're running both ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0,
    check to see if the Application is running under one or the other,
    and check to see if it's running in a separate Application Pool,
    if you're using IIS 6, or a separate isolation level, if running IIS 5 or 5.1.

    i.e., if it's a 1.1 App, it must be isolated from 2.0 apps,
    and if its a 2.0 App, it must be isolated from the 1.1 apps.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    Foros de ASP.NET en EspaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 30, 2005