"Server Application Unavailable"... ?

PJ6

Other ASP.NET web projects are running OK, but one in particular is giving
me a "Server Application Unavailable" error.

The event log shows, "Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could
not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied."

This was working earlier today, and I haven't altered anything. I'm sort of
at a loss as to how to fix this.

Paul

PJ6

Well that's an accurate description of the error, but

- my machine is not a PDC, BDC, or a server
- the ASPNET account already exists and is properly configured
- all the other projects work just fine

It's probably something in the project itself. I just wish the error were a
little more helpful.

Paul

Juan T. Llibre

If you're running both ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0,
check to see if the Application is running under one or the other,
and check to see if it's running in a separate Application Pool,
if you're using IIS 6, or a separate isolation level, if running IIS 5 or 5.1.

i.e., if it's a 1.1 App, it must be isolated from 2.0 apps,
and if its a 2.0 App, it must be isolated from the 1.1 apps.