Server Application Unavailable

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ted Kennedy, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Ted Kennedy

    Ted Kennedy Guest

    I'm new to ASP.Net. I have a very simple application that
    was working last week. Now I get this message when I try
    to run it from VS.Net:

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this
    web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
    the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
    request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
    of this specific request failure can be found in the
    system

    It is only a single page at this point with a few images
    and labels. I believe IIS is running (version 5.1). I am
    running Windows XP SP1.

    I suspect it might have had something to do with
    installing the latest security patches.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Ted

    Ted Kennedy, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Ted Kennedy

    Bob Barrows Guest

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    Bob Barrows, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Ted Kennedy

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I'd suggest reposting to a DotNet group.
    While some here may be able to assist you I think you will find more answers
    in an appropriate group.

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Sep 13, 2003