Server cannot access application directory... The directory does not exist or is not accessible beca

Guest

Hi,

I have this issue with the error below.

Let me explain my goal and my server environement:

Goal:
To have 3 separate web servers reading ASP.NET files from the same directory
on the same unique drive. EX: W:\. (This is not through a network share or
a mapped drive. This is on a local drive using Fiber SAN technology.) I
can acheive this with plain ASP or HTML files, not problems there, and it
works.

Server environement:
-server a -> IP 10.0.0.1, ASP.NET web pages root directory W:\aspNet
-server b -> IP 10.0.0.2, ASP.NET web pages root directory W:\aspNet
-server c -> IP 10.0.0.3, ASP.NET web pages root directory W:\aspNet

W:\ is a Storage Area network (SAN) and is connected with Fiber channel.

To be able to read and write on the drive W:\ or the SAN, I use a software
called ImageSan from Rorke data. www.imagesan.com.

Easy setup, intuitive and it does the job. In can read files on the drive
w:\ as if this drive was a local drive and this simultaniously from my 3
servers.

ImageSAN software:
Works with clients, and one master:

EX:

-***(Master)*** server a -> IP 10.0.0.1, ASP.NET web pages root directory
W:\aspNet
-(Client) server b -> IP 10.0.0.2, ASP.NET web pages root directory
W:\aspNet
-(Client) server c -> IP 10.0.0.3, ASP.NET web pages root directory
W:\aspNet

Issue:
I can run the ASP.NET web site if I use IE and call this page on the
(MASTER) server wich is server a: EX: http://10.0.0.1. This will
successfully deliver the ASP.NET pages and the application will work.

Although, if I use IE and call this page on a (CLINET) server, server b or
c: EX: http://10.0.0.2. or http://10.0.0.3 (Same files) This error below
will occur.

Server Error in '/' Application.

----

Server cannot access application directory 'W:\the directory\'. The
directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server cannot access
application directory 'W:\the directory\''. The directory does not exist or
is not accessible because of security settings.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server cannot access application directory
'W:\the directory'\'. The directory does not exist or is not accessible
because of security settings.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureAccessToApplicationDirectory() +72
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +263

[HttpException (0x80004005): ASP.NET Initialization Error]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +965
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +128

----

Version:1.1.4322.573

If I move the MASTER to server B for example, the same will happen, server B
will load the web page , but not a or c. It basically shifts depending on
where the master is.

Please let me know what you think Microsoft staff, since I am a registered
technet user.

Thanks!

Steve

Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]

I'm sorry but without any infos about how the ImageSAN software works, it's
difficult to solve your problem.
Does the ASPNET account has access to this folder? Try to use another
account (ie a domain account) because of aspnet is a local account.

HtH,
Andrea

----