server cannot use remote machine web files

GrantMagic

Hi

I am currently trying to use a test machine to access web site files on a
remote machine.

Once set up IIS with the files pointing to a share on the remote machine, i
try view the default page.
I get an error message statting 'The base type 'NameSpace.Class.Default'
does not exist in the source file 'Default.cs'.'
where namespace and class are the names of my namespace and class.

The test machine is running Windows 2000 sp4
The remote machine is running server 2003.
The remote machine is also on a domain and the test machine IS NOT (due
to licencing) -- i expect that to be the problem.

The problem only occurs with code behind the page, if i use a single aspx
page, this works fine.

If i set up the site on my local computer's IIS pointing to the same machine
i can access the site fine.
My local machine is running windows XP and is on the domain (My reason for
thinking the domain is the issue)

Any insight or ideas will be greatly appreciated.