Server Control Deployment Question

Guest

I created a server control (very simple) and am trying to move it to a common
server so that the other developers can add it to their visual studio
"toolbox" and start using it.

The problem that I am having is: If I use this dll (add it to the visual
studio toolbox) from the same computer it was compiled on - it works - If I
move the dll to a network share, THEN MOVE IT BACK - it fails. The error
message: The assembly <blah> could not be loaded. check that any dependencies
the file requres are installed.

Will I have to sign this assembly? Is that what this relates to?

Please help.
Craig

Bruce Barker

probably your dll uses another dll that has to be added to the project.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

The only referances that the dll has are to System and System.web

I shouldn't need to do anything to use those (aside from having the
framework installed - correct?)

Thanks,
Craig.