Server Control using a Collection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ME, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. ME

    ME Guest

    Ok I am brand new at C#. I am attempting to build a server control that
    contains a collection. Trouble is when I place my control on my page and
    edit the collection via the property window (using an Editor) the control
    generates the following html:

    <controlgroup:ControlGroupControl id="ControlGroupControl2" runat="server"
    Items="(Collection)"></controlgroup:ControlGroupControl>

    Note that Items shows up as just "(Collections)". Now the desired tag
    structure is similar to the following:

    <asp:DropDownList id="DropDownList1" runat="server">
    <asp:ListItem Value="3333">3333</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="ffffffffff">ffffffff</asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>

    So now how would one go about creating a control to automatically generate
    the correct tags and also read from them as well?

    Thanks,

    Matt
    ME, Jul 1, 2004