Server Control

Eric

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with my Server Control.
An easy one:
public class SystemInfo : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl

{

//protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter output)

{ output.Write(""); ...}

}

No more than that.

The strange thing is, when I use this one on an ASPX page, it works with a
normal browser like IE6 with WinXP.

But when I navigate with my Ipaq (Mobile Browser) to this page, I get an
exception:

Unhandled Execution Error
at Bluesware.Library.Web.SystemInfo.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter
writer)
at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)

There shouldn't be a difference if I call this page with IE6 or PocketIE?

The rendering should work same (We are still not in ASP.NET V2).

Or I'm missing something?

Thanks

Eric

Eric

I have found the problem.

There was an exception inside the Render function, which led to this
NullPointerException.

Eric