Server Controls don't render style to Mozilla and Netscape

Guest

It took a while to find out the actual problem. I found built in server controls won't render properly in the latest version of Netscape and Mozilla etc. I thought they don't render css correctly. But recently, I found out ASP.NET is not sending the style attribute to these browsers. This is not fair, because these browsers understand the style attribute very well, and if I add these attributes through the style property of the control (through code), they are rendered correctly

This is incorrect behavior of ASP.NET and probably caused by the fact that Browser Caps doesn't recognize these browsers correctly

These browsers are getting popular. Please let us know if there is any update/patch that will fix the problem

Thanks.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

Not patch but the detection feature is completely configurable. See my
answer at ASP.NEt Forums regarding the issue:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=89874

This is better addressed in the next ASP.NET version.

--
Teemu Keiski