server controls will not render at all!!!!

here

I have created a web site that utilizes various server controls (panel,
dropdownlist, textbox , ect....). I set this site up on my LAN at work and
there are no problems at all displaying pages that have forms. However,
when I uploaded the site to our hosting provider none of the pages with
server controls will render the controls properly. For instance, my
dropdownlist for State selection looks like this:

State: AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA ME MD MI
MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA
WI WV WY

They are running .Net Framework version 1.1, Windows 2000 AS. Does anyone
have any ideas??????

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

I have created a web site that utilizes various server controls (panel,
dropdownlist, textbox , ect....). I set this site up on my LAN at work and
there are no problems at all displaying pages that have forms. However,
when I uploaded the site to our hosting provider none of the pages with
server controls will render the controls properly.

They are running .Net Framework version 1.1, Windows 2000 AS. Does anyone
have any ideas??????

First things first - let's make sure ASP.NET is running on the server.
Create a simple test page like so:

test.aspx
---------

<script language="C#" runat="server">
void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("ASP.NET appears to be working...");
}
</script>

Save it to your Web host provider and then visit the page through your
browser of choice. What do you see?

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)

here

Scott,
Thanks for your suggestion but I found the problem. My hosting provider
created a virtual FTP directory in the root directory of my old site
because I was revamping an new one to replace the old. They failed to create
a seperate virtual web directory for that temp directory. I guess
apparently .Net will not work without the virtual web directory. After they
created the virtual web everything worked just fine. Thanks again for your
quick response.