    WI WV WY

    They are running .Net Framework version 1.1, Windows 2000 AS. Does anyone
    have any ideas??????

    here, May 14, 2004

  2. > I have created a web site that utilizes various server controls (panel,
    > dropdownlist, textbox , ect....). I set this site up on my LAN at work and
    > there are no problems at all displaying pages that have forms. However,
    > when I uploaded the site to our hosting provider none of the pages with
    > server controls will render the controls properly.
    >
    > They are running .Net Framework version 1.1, Windows 2000 AS. Does anyone
    > have any ideas??????

    First things first - let's make sure ASP.NET is running on the server.
    Create a simple test page like so:

    test.aspx
    ---------

    <script language="C#" runat="server">
    void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    Response.Write("ASP.NET appears to be working...");
    }
    </script>

    Save it to your Web host provider and then visit the page through your
    browser of choice. What do you see?

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com
    http://www.ASPFAQs.com
    http://www.ASPMessageboard.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], May 14, 2004

  3. here

    here Guest

    Scott,
    Thanks for your suggestion but I found the problem. My hosting provider
    created a virtual FTP directory in the root directory of my old site
    because I was revamping an new one to replace the old. They failed to create
    a seperate virtual web directory for that temp directory. I guess
    apparently .Net will not work without the virtual web directory. After they
    created the virtual web everything worked just fine. Thanks again for your
    quick response.

    here, May 14, 2004