Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Errors") fails

George Hester

with Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

My other Server.CreateObject's work for other ADODB objects but not for this one. Any ideas why and how to fix?
Windows 2000 Server SP3.

Thanks.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

You can use ADODB.Errors as an object in VB, but I don't believe this is
exposed to ASP. I have only seen the errors collection of ADODB.Connection
being used.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

with Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message
please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

My other Server.CreateObject's work for other ADODB objects but not for this
one. Any ideas why and how to fix?
Windows 2000 Server SP3.

Thanks.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

George Hester said:
with Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message
please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:
My other Server.CreateObject's work for other ADODB objects but not for
this one. Any ideas why and how to fix?
Windows 2000 Server SP3.

The Errors collection is non-creatable, which means that the factory for
creating that collection is not in your hands but in the hands of ADODB
itselves... :)

TO fetch one do this

Set myErrors = myConn.Errors
For each Er in myErrors