server.createobject("cdo.message") from asp is giving error Server.CreateObject Failed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ashish, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. ashish

    ashish Guest

    Dim oCon
    Err.Clear
    Set oCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

    If Err.Number = 0 Then

    '//
    '// Open an ADODB.Connection to the folder URL
    '//
    oCon.Provider = "ExOLEDB.DataSource"
    Err.Clear
    oCon.Open strFolderURL

    If Err.Number = 0 Then

    '//
    '// Create CDO.Message object
    '//
    Dim oMsg
    Err.Clear
    Response.Write "<br> Open Success =" & strMsgURL & "<br>"
    Set oMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    ashish, Aug 14, 2007

  2. ashish

    ashish Guest

    On Aug 14, 5:57 pm, ashish <> wrote:
    > Dim oCon
    > Err.Clear
    > Set oCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    >
    > If Err.Number = 0 Then
    >
    > '//
    > '// Open an ADODB.Connection to the folder URL
    > '//
    > oCon.Provider = "ExOLEDB.DataSource"
    > Err.Clear
    > oCon.Open strFolderURL
    >
    > If Err.Number = 0 Then
    >
    > '//
    > '// Create CDO.Message object
    > '//
    > Dim oMsg
    > Err.Clear
    > Response.Write "<br> Open Success =" & strMsgURL & "<br>"
    > Set oMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    Addition to above asp code,

    I got 0x80040E19 error from Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message"). It
    works for other exchange site, but have one site where it returns this
    error

    FYI, The system is Exchange 2003 SP2 with Windows 2003 SP2.

    Is there any permission that i need to aware of?

    I appreciate your response.
    ashish, Aug 14, 2007