Server.CreateObject problem - ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bill Nguyen, Mar 20, 2006.

  1. Bill Nguyen

    Bill Nguyen Guest

    Win 2003
    IIS 6.0

    My users got this error message trying to run a simple ASP application
    (sending email using CDO). I have no problem ( with Admin permission):

    Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

    Server.CreateObject Access Error

    /gsic_completion/lib/utility.ASP, line 75

    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is
    denied to this object.

    Tracing to the app, line# 75 shown below. Please help to set the
    permission/config right.

    Thanks

    Bill

    Dim objConfig ' As CDO.Configuration
    Dim objMessage ' As CDO.Message
    Dim Fields ' As ADODB.Fields

    line 75 -> Set objConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    Set Fields = objConfig.Fields
    With Fields .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort '
    ..Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "exchangeserver"
    ..Item(cdoSMTPServerPort) = 25
    ..Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10
    ..Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
    ..Item(cdoSendUserName) = "web"
    ..Item(cdoSendPassword) = "net"
    ..Update

    End With

    Bill Nguyen, Mar 20, 2006

  2. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/198432

    --
    blog: www.thinkingMS.com/pandurang

    Pandurang Nayak, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Bill Nguyen

    Bill Nguyen Guest

    Thanks but it won't work!
    This err is specific to CDO. I think it has something to do with IIS
    permissions than with anything else.

    Bill

    Bill Nguyen, Mar 24, 2006