Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") on another serve

Todd

trying to access files located on another server within the network. the
folder is shared out and we created a virtual directory as well.
The error is Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c' Path not found

Here is my code

<%

dim fs,fo,x
set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set fo=fs.GetFolder("\\hostname\procedures")

for each x in fo.files
'Print the name of all files in the test folder
Response.write(x.Name & "<br />")
next
set fo=nothing
set fs=nothing
%>

....tried some MS solutions

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q197964

and

http://databases.aspfaq.com/databas...-database-or-text-file-on-another-server.html

The previous was from a post on this page from May 2007.

Thank You in advance for any help you might provide

Todd

Jon Paal said:

I've tried the WshNetwork route...still cant' get a successful connection
but I'm getting other error messages which suggest to me that at least it can
see the map.

I've been trying different drive letters usernames, passwords etc to try and
get a successful hookup.

However, when I run the code now it knocks out my IIS (or so it
appears)......I have to go and reboot the webserver. Wondering whats causing
that. Heres the script

Set WshShell = server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set WshNetwork = server.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
Set CheckDrive = WshNetwork.EnumNetworkDrives()
AlreadyConnected = False
DriveLetter = "P:" 'DriveLetter must be a CAPITAL letter
RemotePath = "\\server\sharedfolder"
username = "domainname\username"
pass = "password"
choice = "false"
if CheckDrive.count > 0 then
For i = 0 To CheckDrive.Count - 1
If CheckDrive.Item(i) = DriveLetter Then AlreadyConnected = True
Next

If AlreadyConnected = True then
WshNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, RemotePath, choice, username, pass
WshShell.PopUp "Drive " & DriveLetter & "Disconnected, then connected
successfully."

Else
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, RemotePath, choice, username, pass
WshShell.PopUp "Drive " & DriveLetter & " connected successfully."

End if

else
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, RemotePath, choice, username, pass
***this is where is hangs***
WshShell.PopUp "Drive " & DriveLetter & " connected successfully."

end if

Thank You for your assistance