Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

MoF

Hello!

I have for a long time used the line:

Set FS=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
in my ASP code. Suddenly one day this week it stopped working and I now get
the error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed

If I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> to the Administrators group everything
works fine. What could be wrong?

(If this is not the right newsgroup, please advise me where to write this
question).

Regards

Morten Fagermoen

John Blessing

MoF said:
Hello!

I have for a long time used the line:

Set FS=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
in my ASP code. Suddenly one day this week it stopped working and I now
get
the error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed

If I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> to the Administrators group everything
works fine. What could be wrong?

(If this is not the right newsgroup, please advise me where to write this
question).

Regards

Morten Fagermoen

Hi

The anon user needs execute permissions on the scrrun.dll

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
Appointments, Tasks and Notes
http://www.schedule-email.com - Schedule multiple individual
emails/newsletters

MoF

My system is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I have not installed any hotfixes
to it since the 9th of November (KB896424) and it didn't stop working until
the 15th. I tried to uninstall this last patch as well but with the same
result.

I have also checked the MS article "Default permissions and user rights for
IIS 6.0" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812614) and my server is correct
according to the articel.

It is only when I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> account to Administrators it
works, if I add it to Power Users which also have a lot of rights in
%WinDir%\System32 (scrrun.dll) I get the same error.

And finally I don't have an anti virus system that blocks the use of this
functionality. (I even disabeled it just to be sure).

Regards

Morten Fagermoen

Roland Hall

in message : My system is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I have not installed any
:
: I have also checked the MS article "Default permissions and user rights
for
: IIS 6.0" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812614) and my server is
correct
: according to the articel.
:
: It is only when I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> account to Administrators it
: works, if I add it to Power Users which also have a lot of rights in
: %WinDir%\System32 (scrrun.dll) I get the same error.
:
: And finally I don't have an anti virus system that blocks the use of this
: functionality. (I even disabeled it just to be sure).

Please post after trimmed responses.

You can use filemon from SysInternals on the server and watch what happens
as you run your app in your browser.
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

MoF

Roland Hall said:
[...]

WSH 5.6 Documentation -

Hello!

Thank you for the interest in my problem.

I have tried both filemon and regmon without any luck. I don't get any
"Access denied" reports and I don't see anything that differs from an other
2003 Server that works fine.

Morten