Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by MoF, Nov 20, 2005.

  1. MoF

    MoF Guest

    Hello!

    I have for a long time used the line:

    Set FS=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    in my ASP code. Suddenly one day this week it stopped working and I now get
    the error:

    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    Server.CreateObject Failed

    If I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> to the Administrators group everything
    works fine. What could be wrong?

    (If this is not the right newsgroup, please advise me where to write this
    question).

    Regards

    Morten Fagermoen

    MoF, Nov 20, 2005

  2. "MoF" <> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have for a long time used the line:
    >
    > Set FS=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > in my ASP code. Suddenly one day this week it stopped working and I now
    > get
    > the error:
    >
    > Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    > Server.CreateObject Failed
    >
    > If I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> to the Administrators group everything
    > works fine. What could be wrong?
    >
    > (If this is not the right newsgroup, please advise me where to write this
    > question).
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Morten Fagermoen

    Hi

    The anon user needs execute permissions on the scrrun.dll

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.
    http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
    Appointments, Tasks and Notes
    http://www.schedule-email.com - Schedule multiple individual
    emails/newsletters

    John Blessing, Nov 20, 2005

  3. MoF

    MoF Guest

    My system is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I have not installed any hotfixes
    to it since the 9th of November (KB896424) and it didn't stop working until
    the 15th. I tried to uninstall this last patch as well but with the same
    result.

    I have also checked the MS article "Default permissions and user rights for
    IIS 6.0" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812614) and my server is correct
    according to the articel.

    It is only when I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> account to Administrators it
    works, if I add it to Power Users which also have a lot of rights in
    %WinDir%\System32 (scrrun.dll) I get the same error.

    And finally I don't have an anti virus system that blocks the use of this
    functionality. (I even disabeled it just to be sure).

    Regards

    Morten Fagermoen

    MoF, Nov 20, 2005
  4. MoF

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : I have also checked the MS article "Default permissions and user rights
    for
    : IIS 6.0" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812614) and my server is
    correct
    : according to the articel.
    :
    : It is only when I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> account to Administrators it
    : works, if I add it to Power Users which also have a lot of rights in
    : %WinDir%\System32 (scrrun.dll) I get the same error.
    :
    : And finally I don't have an anti virus system that blocks the use of this
    : functionality. (I even disabeled it just to be sure).

    Please post after trimmed responses.

    You can use filemon from SysInternals on the server and watch what happens
    as you run your app in your browser.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Nov 22, 2005
  5. MoF

    MoF Guest

    > "MoF" wrote in message news:...
    > : My system is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I have not installed any
    > hotfixes
    > : to it since the 9th of November (KB896424) and it didn't stop working
    > until
    > : the 15th. I tried to uninstall this last patch as well but with the
    > same
    > : result.
    > :
    > : I have also checked the MS article "Default permissions and user rights
    > for
    > : IIS 6.0" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812614) and my server is
    > correct
    > : according to the articel.
    > :
    > : It is only when I add the IUsr_<ComputerName> account to Administrators
    > it
    > : works, if I add it to Power Users which also have a lot of rights in
    > : %WinDir%\System32 (scrrun.dll) I get the same error.
    > :
    > : And finally I don't have an anti virus system that blocks the use of
    > this
    > : functionality. (I even disabeled it just to be sure).
    >
    > Please post after trimmed responses.
    >
    > You can use filemon from SysInternals on the server and watch what happens
    > as you run your app in your browser.
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html
    >
    > --
    > Roland Hall
    > WSH 5.6 Documentation -
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/list/webdev.asp

    Hello!

    Thank you for the interest in my problem.

    I have tried both filemon and regmon without any luck. I don't get any
    "Access denied" reports and I don't see anything that differs from an other
    2003 Server that works fine.

    Morten

    MoF, Nov 22, 2005